From here on, Connex Technology (Pty) Ltd is referred to as ‘Connex Technology’, the individual or CC or
Company who purchase or intend to purchase goods and services from Connex Technology (Pty) Ltd is
referred to as ‘Customer’. The terms and conditions set out in this document must be read and understood together with all of its tables,schedules, addendum and appendices.
Prices and quotations
1. The price of the goods sold or services rendered shall be the usual price set out in the Connex Technology
pricelist at the time of the sale of the goods.
2. Connex Technology has the right to change the prices of the goods from time to time without prior notice to the
3. All quotes remain valid for 7 days, and the validity of any price quoted is subject to stock availability.
4. Any quote may be changed at any time in the event of any increase in the cost price of the goods, including
1. Payment is due immediately upon collection of goods save for credit approved customers, in which event
payment is due according to the credit payment schedule authorised by Connex Technology.
2. If any amount owed is not settled on the due date, Connex Technology shall have the right to withhold goods
from collection and to suspend deliveries of goods.
1. Connex Technology will accept all written and oral orders. However Connex Technology will not be responsible
for any errors or misunderstanding occasioned by customer’s failure to make the order in writing.
2. Any order that is invoiced and ready for collection, and not collected within 7 days from the date of invoice will be
1. Customer or the person designated by the customer to collect goods from the premise of Connex Technology
must produce upon collection, our quotation number and/or sales order number and/or invoice number as reference.
Upon the failure to do so, Connex Technology reserve the right to withhold goods from collection.
2. The person doing the collection must inspect and examine the goods thoroughly, and he/she is required to sign
on the copies of invoice to acknowledge that goods are received in good order. Connex Technology will not be held
responsible for any subsequent damage done to the goods and/or packaging containing said goods once it leave
the warehouse of Connex Technology.
1. All goods return must be in its original packaging, not damaged in any way, with warranty seal intact and in a
working and resalable condition. For laptop screens returned by customer intended for credit, they must be in their
original condition. i.e. with all plastic protectors in place; free of rusts, tape residue, scratches and finger marks on
all surfaces; mounting brackets/plates and external circuit boards must be in their original position and not bent in
2. No goods returned after 30 days from date of departure from Connex Technology’s premise will be accepted.
3. Connex Technology is entitled to charge a handling fee of up to 15% (fifteen) on the invoice of the goods returned
or of cancelled order.
4. No shipping fee and delivery cost will be credited or refunded.
5. All shipping fee and delivery cost spend on the returning of goods shall be the responsibility of the customer.
6. Connex Technology reserve the right to reject any goods return without providing reason of refusal.
1. All warranty periods are calculated from the date of our invoice.
2. Items received from customers exhibiting any of the following conditions are NOT eligible for warranty:
a. Serial number labels removed, damaged or defaced.
b. Warranty seal broken or tempered with.
c. Any damage to the item:
i. Caused by negligence or not following instructions in the user manual
ii. Broken or dented casing or any other signs of physical abuse or misuse
iii. User induced damages to the internal components of item as the result of tampering or modification
iv. Acts of God such as lightning damage, flood, storms, etc.
v. Liquid damage
vi. Insect infestation
d. In the case of laptop battery failing to charge or dead completely as a result of over discharging.
3. Please refer to the table below which outlines warranty periods on the different product categories:
Laptop AC adaptor
Laptop DC jack
Laptop internal optical drive
Laptop LCD panel
No warranty (* please refer to point 5 below)
3 months (* please refer to point 6 below)
Power cord for AC adaptor
|Laptop internal fan
Converter cable for LCD panel
4. All faulty goods returned under warranty will be, either exchanged for a replacement unit, or repaired to a working
and saleable condition. Under no circumstances such returned item will be credited.
5. All screens sold by Connex Technology do not carry any form of warranty. However Connex Technology, entirely at
its discretion, may offer certain assistance, or provide credit for screen under the following circumstances:
a. For screen not displaying properly when fitted into host laptop, customer may request Connex Technology to copy
firmware from original faulty screen onto purchased screen provided that customer can return the original faulty
screen with on-screen circuit board and internal firmware intact.
b. Following from ‘paragraph a’, if the subsequently modified firmware still does not make the screen work in a
satisfactory manner on host laptop, or in some case in which the firmware cannot be copied for whatever reason,
customer may return the screen for full credit provided the returned screen satisfy the condition as set out under the
‘Return Goods” section (see page 2).
c. Unless specified otherwise, all screens sold by Connex Technology are A+ grade, which means all screens are
free of dead pixels or colour pixel. If any screen is found to have dead pixel or colour pixel immediately upon receiving
of screen, customer can return the screen for full credit provided the returned screen satisfy the condition as set out
under the ‘Return Goods” section (see page 2).
d. For any grades other than A+ grade screens sold by Connex Technology, the possible number of dead pixel and
colour pixel are set out in screen grade schedule. Therefore, if the number of dead pixels and colour pixels found on
any specific lot of screens fall within the range as specified in the screen grade schedule, the screens are considered
to be in good order. If the number of dead pixel or colour pixel of screens in a given lot is found not in compliance with
the screen grade schedule, customer must inform Connex Technology immediately, and as remedy Connex
Technology is only liable to swap the individual faulty screen with new working unit of matching grade.
e. For screen that are not compatible with host laptop for hardware differences or any other unknown reason,
customer can return the screen for full credit provided the returned screen satisfy the condition as set out under
the ‘Return Goods” section (see page 2).
Connex Technology will endeavour to keep an accurate and up-to-date screen compatibility list to ensure compatible
screens are sold to customer. But due to the fact that all existing compatibility information are not complete and
certain batch of screens are not compatible with certain laptops when they are manufactured. I, the customer hereby
exclude Connex Technology from any liability incurred from loss of profit, time delay or inconvenience suffered by
myself and my clients as a result of receiving an incompatible screen.
6.All keyboards returned back to Connex Technology for warranty will no longer be tested due to lack of testing
equipment, the returned keyboard will be swapped out with a replacement unit. If the replacement unit is returned
again as customer found it to be not working properly, whether due to the fact that the replaced unit is actually faulty
and/or the host laptop has other faulty components, the customer is qualified for credit of 100% of the invoiced value
of the said keyboard, provided all returned keyboards are in their original condition.
7.Customer is responsible for returning the item in the condition it is received, and bare the cost of shipping to Connex Technology's office premise for warranty claim.
1. Connex Technology may from time to time change our designated courier company without prior notice to
customer. Customer is free to use the courier company of his/her choice provided he/she is using the courier’s
service under his/her own name.
2. Courier fee charged by the designated courier company is not under Connex Technology’s control, therefore it is
subjected to change. The frequency and magnitude of such change is entirely up to the courier company. Customer
must obtain quote for delivery cost for each individual order. Customer’s failure to do so will be seen as tacitly accept
the courier fee charged to the final invoice.
3. Cut-off time for goods to be dispatched on the same day to the couriers (exclude parcels to be send
via Speed Services and normal post) is 2:30pm every day. All orders placed by the Customer, whether via telephone
or email, after 2:30pm will be processed on a best effort basis. Connex Technology will not be responsible for any
economic losses or inconvenience suffered as a result of not dispatching such order on the same day.
1. The promotions offered by Connex Technology from time to time are subjected to either stock availability and/or
time limitation. The promotion end either when stock runs out and/or the promotion period has lapsed.
6.All keyboards returned back